Monday, July 29, 2019

All the Rage: Snowflake Shirt


The snowflake shirt - front view

This hand-stitched, heavily embroidered shirt is the latest in the "All the Rage" series of political protest couture, accessories, and tchotchkes. It is also a move to take back the language and make words like "liberal" and "snowflake" accolades instead of insults.

Close-up of front

Yes folks, I am a snowflake. To me, that means having compassion for my fellow man — for women and children kept in cages at the border, for the six-year-old gunned down at the Gilroy Garlic Festival, for the homeless living under freeway overpasses, for all of the noncombatants we have killed and wounded in the many, many wars we continue to wage. Yep, I have feelings, and I consider it a source of pride that I have retained my humanity as the US and the world at large careens down a very dark road.

Thus, the snowflake shirt.


Shirt back

Snowflake 1

Snowflake 2

Snowflake 3

Snowflake 4

Snowflake 5

This would be a good time to let your heart melt a little.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm a UK snowflake, and hear you! I may have to make my own version, and wear it with pride! Thank you for the inspiration <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy stitching! I am in London right now, amidst the XR protests.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails