Saturday, March 28, 2020

Saint Corona Miracle Jam


Jam label

Yes folks, there really is a Saint Corona, martyred by having all four limbs torn apart, and patron saint of plagues (though there is some dispute about that). Google her and read all about it.

Meanwhile, we are in lockdown here in the Bay Area, I had too many blueberries that were in danger of going bad, and a friend in London suggested I just make them into jam. If you too are finding yourself having difficulty juggling grocery supplies and find that fruit is in danger of turning, make jam! Who knew it was so easy? It takes just half an hour and this simple little Recipe for Blueberry Jam makes it super easy. Only three ingredients, and you can find easy substitutes for all three of them. No blueberries? Use any fruit. No lemon? Substitute apple cider vinegar. Avoiding sugar? Use artificial sweetener. 

Blueberry miracle jam on whole grain toast with cream cheese

It was while stirring the jam on the stovetop (a very Little House on the Prairie activity) that I began to think I should design a label for the jam. I had already learned about St. Corona and had downloaded the few images I found of her online. At the end of this post, I am including a link to a downloadable PDF that offers a sheet of six labels for you to print out and slap on your own creations.

Below is alternative number one:




And here is an alternative label:




And now it is time for you to make some miracle jam of your own. Follow this link: Saint Corona Miracle Jam Labels. You will be able to download a one-sheet, printable PDF that looks like this:

Click link above for downloadable PDF

Have fun, stay safe.











4 comments:

  1. Interesting information and yummy jam! Sometimes if I'm using fruit that is already very sweet I use honey instead of sugar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, thanks for the very important PSA. Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful any chance of one with 2021 label & or bottled during the pandemic & a blank space to add the date? Which I was photoshop or edit savvy but alas I am not lol... Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I have moved on to other projects. You could still use these labels and consider it commemorative jam,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails