Monday, June 4, 2012

Art Emergency Earrings

When I was about ten I had a compelling urge one afternoon to do some oil painting but couldn't find any brushes. I grabbed a hank of my hair, chopped it off, used a rubber band to secure the hair to the eraser-end of a pencil, and I was in business. Now that I'm older I have a more sophisticated solution to art emergencies: paintbrush earrings.

Earrings made from old fanned blending brushes.

Close-up of paintbrush art emergency earrings

 Ingredients for the paintbrush earrings include used paintbrushes, old faux pearl beads, and cannibalized earrings. Yes, the earrings are two different sizes. So what? Don't screw with me, I'm an artist. Note the subtle blue and mauve hues on the tips from prior use.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails